Honorable Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson is the guest of honor and key note speaker at the 16th Annual Thanksgiving Celebrations & Awards Nite on Saturday, November 22, 2014. During the evening’s celebrations, Congresswoman Johnson will recognize District 30 constituents for their outstanding service to the community followed by the delivery of her keynote address on gratitude.
"The purpose of celebrating this event is to thank God for helping us learn to accept, respect and appreciate each other's uniqueness and thank America for being the beacon of hope to the world” said Mike Ghouse, founder and chairperson of the event.
The purpose of the Annual Thanksgiving Celebrations & Awards Nite is to:
1. Give thanks for the blessed life we all enjoy in these United States of America, wish and pray the same for those who are less fortunate than us.
2. Celebrate the diversity of God's creation and enjoying the cultural heritage of each ethnic group.
3. Appreciate and recognize outstanding volunteers in each community.
4. Gather together as Immigrant Americans with naturally born Americans in celebrating this wonderful holiday.
5. For many of the immigrants it is an introduction to the American way of life.
Please join us for an interfaith dinner among multicultural attendees, gathered together under the belief that the more we learn about one another, the less misunderstandings are there to be had. If we can learn to respect others and accept the God given uniqueness of all, then conflicts fade and solutions emerge.
Master Chef Ali will prepare a special thanksgiving plate that your taste buds will cherish.
Accepted Donations are $20/person or $50/person. You can reserve your place to attend via
e/ thanksgiving-dinner-mushaer a-tickets-13695612947?aff= efbevent
- Thanksgiving Celebrations & Awards Dinner
- Saturday, Nov 22, 2014
- Time: 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Food: Separate Vegetarian food | Halal | Turkey
- Place: Spicy Cuisine, Restaurant,
- Address: 1800 Valley View Ln, Irving, TX 75061
- Poetry session in Urdu and Hindi on Gratitude 9:30 – 12:00
The event will benefit the America Together Foundation, a 501 (3) (c) non-profit charity committed to building a cohesive America where no American has to live in apprehension or fear of the other.