It is the spirit of service, every religion is participating in the efforts to find relief to the victims in Haiti. This is what religion is all about; it is not me, me, and me, it is we, we and us.
God says in Quraan, you must race in doing good, you must compete in serving humanity, please share the quote from your holy book in the comments section below.
If you know an organization that is working on this, please click the following link and list it, and it will appear in the comment section below - http://wisdomofreligion.blogspot.com/2010/01/multifaith-action-haiti-tragedyshare.html#comments
If you want to forward this information, copy the following link and send: http://wisdomofreligion.blogspot.com/2010/01/multifaith-action-haiti-tragedyshare.html
Official casualty reports are still unknown, but by all accounts the earthquake that hit Haiti on Tuesday, January 12 has leveled one of the most densely-populated regions of the country. The disaster was described by local officials as a "catastrophe of major proportions." Faith-based and disaster relief organizations around the globe are quickly mobilizing to provide immediate assistance to address the devastating aftermath of the quake.
How Can We Help
• Donations to American Jewish World Service’s "Haiti Earthquake Relief Fund" will enable AJWS's network of grantees in Haiti to meet the urgent needs of the population based on real-time, on-the-ground assessments; LINK: https://secure.ajws.org/site/Donation2?df_id=3460&3460.donation=form1
• Catholic Relief Services is also organizing its office in Haiti, and has announced an appeal for donations to deal with the chaos; LINK: http://crs-blog.org/earthquake-hits-haiti/
• Islamic Relief has launched an appeal for £1 million to respond to the disaster; LINK: http://www.islamic-relief.com/Emergencies-And-Appeals/emBackground.aspx?emID=66
• Oxfam America, which has launched an immediate appeal is seeking donations, as they prepare to rush teams from around the region to help provide clean water, emergency shelter, and sanitation; LINK: https://secure.oxfamamerica.org/site/Donation2?df_id=3560&3560.donation=form1
• Doctors Without Borders teams, who were already working on medical projects Haiti, have treated hundreds of people injured in the quake despite the destruction of medial centers and hospitals; LINK: http://doctorswithoutborders.org/
• Direct Relief International is responding to the disaster by sending emergency medical supplies to all their local partners; LINK: http://www.directrelief.org/EmergencyResponse/2010/EarthquakeHaiti.aspx
• CARE is mobilizing donors to help send immediate supplies and aid down to the country; LINK: https://my.care.org/site/Donation2?5000.donation=form1&df_id=5000
• AmeriCares is taking donations to help get emergency medical supplies down to Haiti, and has agreed to pledge upwards of $5 million in order to help with the chaos. LINK: http://www.americares.org/newsroom/news/deadly-earthquake-strikes-haiti-2010.html
Other Ideas for Taking Action
Organize a fundraising event to help the Haiti victims. Reach out to your campus' religious groups, to Greek life, service organizations, student government, and offer to help coordinate an interfaith campus/community-wide activity in response to this disaster.
Note Courtesy of Bridge Builders @ http://bridge-builders.ning.com/
"Haiti Earthquake Fund" Established By
Helping Hand For Relief & Development (USA)
Leading International NGO of USA
USA Tax Exempt #: 31-1628040
Irfan Khurshid, Coordinator International Programs,for HHRD-USA is making arrangements to set-up A Base Camp in Haiti
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE Monetary Help at www.HHRD.Org
(Click Donate Now Tab & Choose "Haiti Earthquake Fund")