Every thing you always wanted to know about Sikhism, you can learn it in this two hour workshop.
Sun, Aug 26 - 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM :: Sikhism
Crowne Plaza Hotel on Midway/ Addison.
The Foundation for Pluralism is committed to promoting understanding between peoples of different religious affiliations. “We believe knowledge leads to understanding and understanding to acceptance and appreciation of another point of view”.
The Foundation for Pluralism has taken the initiative to present all religions in its programs. The goal is to bring people of different faiths together and provide a platform for them to share about their beliefs, their systems and rituals, while expanding the knowledge zone of each group.
We hope each one of us would walk out with an open mind and an open heart towards our fellow beings. It is difficult to shed the prejudices, but once we do, there is genuine freedom (Mukti, Moksha, Salvation, and Nirvana.) in it.
Sikhism: Everything you wanted to know about Sikhism, you can learn about it in this workshop. Dr. Harbans Lal will be presenting the program. Sikhism was founded on the principle of service to humankind is service to the Creator God. They believe in one God who is creator and the protector and pray for the well being of every human.
Pluralism Workshop: - What is Pluralism? What is a pluralistic attitude? Learn its application at work place, home, social situations and other circumstance. It is about co-existence ** (Questions to ponder - listed below)
• Time: 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM – Wisdom of Pluralism, an open forum
• Where: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 14315 Midway Road, Addison, TX 75001
• Directions: Click Map : From LBJ, north on Midway, after Spring Valley on the left.
• Confirmation: ConfirmAttendance@gmail.com
• Schedule for the year: http://www.foundationforpluralism.com/Calendar.asp
POINTS TO PONDER
1. Is attempting to undermine divinity of other faiths amount to arrogance? Does that appeal to God?
2. Is blaming a religion, nation, race, or ethnicity for the acts of individuals’ amount to deception?
3. Is holding greed, anger, hate, or malice in our hearts depleting our freedom?
4. Is ridiculing a person amount to ridiculing the creator?
5. Is judging others without knowing them personally amount to _________ (fill in Please)?
6. Is God free or some group owns him/her? Are we not limiting its _________ (fill in Please)?
7. Does God make deals behind our back and favor some? Could God do such a thing?
If beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, then faith is in the heart of the believer. Let every one find peace his/her own way – Mike Ghouse
Mike Ghouse is a Speaker, Thinker, Writer and a Moderator. He is president of the Foundation for Pluralism and is a frequent guest on talk radio and local TV networks discussing interfaith, political and civic issues. He founded the World Muslim Congress with a simple theme: "good for Muslims and good for the world." His personal Website is www.MikeGhouse.net and his articles can be found on the Websites mentioned above and in his Blogs: http://MikeGhouseforAmerica.Blogspot.com and http://MikeGhouse.Sulekha.com . He can be reached at MikeGhouse@gmail.com. Mike is a Dallasite for nearly three decades and Carrollton is his home town.